Tuesday, August 7, 2012

You Can Help Stop White Trash...click here to learn!

If any of you know me, you know I like some BAAADD t.v.  Anything crappy and "reality" is subject to my viewing.  My dad even jokes about it.  My boyfriend makes fun of me daily for it.  It's terrible and I know it.  It's my guilty pleasure.  Dr. Phil, OWN Network,  Judge Judy, you name it!  But, there is one show I will NEVER, EVER, EVER watch, and I am pleading to you, as my friends, fellow Americans, and normal, prideful human beings, to not give it ratings either.

The show in question is something or other, "Honey Boo Boo."  I don't care enough to even look up the actual title.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's this horrible show that is a spin off from an equally horrible show, Toddlers in Tiaras.  Yes, I did watch this show (Toddlers in Tiaras) back in the day, until I realized the tragedy of it.  In fact, the family that is on this spin off is what made me realize how atrocious this show truly is.

This family is not only completely appalling, trashy, and disgusting, but they are pimping out their young daughter, (not sure of her actual age) and raising her to be obnoxious, mouthy, and in a few words, the epitome of white trash.  Yes, I am using the phrase white trash because that is exactly what these people are.  Disagree, watch the trailer.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/terrifying-extended-trailer-for-the-new-honey-boo

To make matters worse, TLC is the network broadcasting this show....didn't one used to learn shit back in the day from THE LEARNING CHANNEL?  There used to be biographies and animals and actual shows with substance on this network...then Animal Planet came along, and the Bio channel, and TLC turned into the Maury Povich  of networks.

I will attach the link below to the "extended trailer (as in trash)" to the Honey Boo Boo disaster that is to air at some point this fall.  It is my plea to you to not watch this show after you witness the train wreck you are about to see.  Unfortunately, this minute and some odd seconds of your life you won't get back...but hopefully, it will save you much more time in the near future, not wasting it watching a mother, much resembling Shrek, talk about her "baby daaddy" and her child talking about her older sister being her favorite "boo..."  

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/terrifying-extended-trailer-for-the-new-honey-boo



7 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled that our previous discussion concerning terrible television prompted this intelligent and hilarious blog topic. I second your decision to refrain from adding to the ratings of that horrible train wreck.

    Gotta run...I taped Bachelor Pad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahahah Bachelor Pad...something I know I'd eat up with a spoon. And you totally inspired this! Freaking train wreck.

      Delete
  2. I await your entry on my new favorite show on TLC, My Teen Is Pregnant and So Am I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I await laying on your couch watching it whilst eating fro yo..... :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Ashley!!! Love your blog- it's so "you" Your wit is admirable! I have been trying to stay away from the trash tv but alas... Bachelor Pad has wooed me in - UGH! I did catch a couple of episodes of Dance Moms- and may have to tune in again to continue. Hope all is well and miss talking with you at South!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you! I miss you! Omg, trash tv is my life, but I can't do Honey whatever. I DVr Dance Moms! Abby is such a bitch...and those poor kids!

    I'm glad you like my ranting :) I like to think it keeps my brain from overloading.

    Say hi to the kids for me and good luck with those now 8th graders! Yikes..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where was blogging when I used to have my rants? Anyway, love your blog. Intelligent and witty. Alas, did not see your warning in time. You know I'm recovering and was watching TLC this week for God knows what reason. Maybe for the strange attraction of weird TV when you're stuck in bed. Show ends and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo came on. Loathe this type of show in principal, but thought lets see just why I should hate it. Besides, have pain killers. Oh my ever loving God. These people are beyond white trash. You have to think of another word. The mother is a sly eyed Jabba the Hut. There are subtitles though presumably they speak English. Can't tell. While some families play Monopoly,Sorry or Go Fish, for fun this mob blindfolds one of them and they have to guess the person i front of them by their breath. Ewww that was it. Done. Loathe.

    ReplyDelete