Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Why a blog and why now?

So I decided today to start a blog...why now, and why today?  Because I realized that I have a lot of random sh*t going on in my head, and what better way to release some of it than to spew it on the Internet.  People can read it, or not...whatevs. I make fun of people who have blogs...But, maybe it'll prove to be therapeutic. It's kinda like a journal, but definitely not that deep.  Just some of the stuff I think about or come across on a daily basis.  Crazy people, stupid people, annoying co-workers, shitty managers, traffic jams, being hungry and not knowing what to eat, whatever.  I may as well unleash the chaos in my brain into the cosmos of the Internet...there is worse stuff out there, after all. 

So let's start with today's chaos.  This is about a co-worker.  We'll call him Mike because that is his name.  He is also one of those people who only uses the Internet to check on genealogy because Facebook and the like are from the devil, so, it's safe to use his real name.  Yes, he is one of those insane Christian people who is one step away from becoming Charles Manson.  Ok, maybe not that insane, but you get the point.  He preaches his religion one minute, discussing how he makes his kids "court" yet they are not allowed to hold hands with their "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" because they are still "courting." (Side note, his wife was 3 months pregnant when they were married...he doesn't share that detail though.  Think they "held hands?") Real Duggar shit here folks.  Then, in the next breath, he is calling one of the supervisors a "dyke" and one of the nuns that works here an, "old bitch."  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Lord called the masses "dykes" or "bitches."  Maybe that's a verse in John that I haven't read yet, but as far as I know, those terms are not very "religious."  I'm not a huge religion pusher here, but I do believe that you should treat every human being with decency...if you are going to preach to me about your Christianity every time I see you, you sure as hell better not be calling anyone "dykes" or "old bitches."  Seems a bit hypocritical, doncha think? 

My point here is, don't hide behind God or religion just to spew your agenda (which trust me, he does, I'll just spare the details.)  Be a good human being because you want to.  Treat people well, and if you don't like them, keep your mouth shut.  Or, start a blog and rip them a new one on there.

5 comments:

  1. If the verse were gonna be in there, it would totally be in Paul, but it's not. I like the blog :) You're funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By Paul, of course I meant written by Paul...as there is no book of the Bible called Paul. And I totally knew this...

      Delete
    2. Yeah, bc I'd totally be challenging that........

      Delete
  2. Wow...doesn't surprise me. When I lived in Chattanooga, after coming out of church from seeing people praise and bow their heads, they would fill with anger, often give dirty looks, with a finger up in the air, trying to cut one off, to see who could race through the parking lot out of there. So sad, so hypocritical. I like your blog. I have one, but I am sure no one would read it. You are very interesting. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God, Laura, don't get me started! People are nuts. Thanks for reading! Alison, love you lots :)

    ReplyDelete